NAD has a well-deserved reputation for producing amplifiers with extraordinary performance and always at an affordable price.The T 973 keeps this tradition alive and well by applying 30 years of experience to the challenge of producing a high power, high performance, seven channel power amp able to provide the muscle required for even the most sophisticated Home Theatres.
As might be expected in an amplifier capable of one kilowatt (1,000 watts) of continuous power output, the power supply needs to be very carefully designed. As usual, NAD favors the toroidal transformer type for its superior regulation and low stray magnetic field. NAD Exclusive “Holmgren” transformer uses a special core design and materials to enhance efficiency and make the transformer less sensitive to DC offsets on the AC mains voltage. Over 80,000 uF of storage capacitance ensure an ample reserve of power for even the most demanding music and film soundtracks.
• 7x 140W simultaneous ,continuous power into 4 / 8 ohms
• 2 x 200W Continuous Power into 4 / 8 ohms
• 230W, 390W and 450W IHF Power into 8, 4 and 2 ohms, respectively
• Mono-block, Modular construction
• Differential, Class A input circuit topology
• High Current Holmgren Toroidal Power Transformer
• Input gain control for each individual channel
• Gold Plated RCA Inputs
• NAD Soft ClippingTM
• 12V Trigger for automated ON/OFF operation
Net weight 68 lbs (31kg)
This unit has very little of usage. It was in storage for last 4.5 years. There are couple of blemishes on front panel. See pictures. Otherwise unit is in great shape.